Published February 27, 2012 by Download Software
Replacing Notepad or looking for a powerful text/programmer’s editor? UltraEdit is the ideal editor.
With over 1,000,000 users worldwide, UltraEdit is the #1 selling, most powerful, value priced text editor available! UltraEdit is versatile and easy to use. UltraEdit is a disk-based editor for Windows, and supports 64-bit file handling (standard) on all 32-bit Windows platforms.
Edit/Convert files in DOS, MAC, UNIX, UTF-8, Unicode, and EBCDIC formats. UltraEdit includes FTP and SFTP(SSH2) support, Macros, Editing of files up to 4 GB, Syntax Highlighting for 100’s of languages, and more. UltraEdit is considered by many the defacto standard in text editors.
- 64-bit file handling (for files of 4+ GB) on both 32-/64-bit Windows platforms (Win 2000 and later)
- Unicode support
- Disk based text editing and large file handling, minimum RAM used even for multi-megabyte files
- Multiline find and replace dialogs for all searches (Find, Replace, Find in Files, Replace in Files)
- Spell checker and localization support for 80+ languages including American English, British English, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Spanish and Swedish)
- Free integrated file compare utility (UC Lite), or full integration with UltraCompare Professional
- Syntax highlighting and code folding – configurable, pre-configured for C, C++, VB, HTML, Java, and Perl, with special options for FORTRAN and LaTex. Multiple wordfiles available for download
- Tag matching for XML and HTML open and close tags
- FTP client with multiple account settings and automatic logon and save (32-Bit only).
- Includes support for SFTP and FTPS (Control only, Control and data, Implicit)
- Ability to set a remote (server based) or local (Perl regex based) filter (provides filtering ability for SFTP)
- Advanced proxy support and SSL certificate handling
- (Optional) local default directory for each FTP account
- SSH/Telnet window
- XML Manager with parsed XML tree view plus ability to move, delete, and edit/modify nodes and reformat XML
- Function list with tree-style view of functions, parameters, variables, properties, etc.
- Project/workspace support
- Environment Selector – Provides predefined or user-created editing environments that remember the state of all of UltraEdit’s dockable windows, toolbars and more for user convenience.
- Integrated scripting language to automate tasks
- Configurable keyboard mapping
- Column/block mode editing
- Hexadecimal editor allows editing of any binary file, shows binary and ASCII view
- Named templates
- HTML toolbar preconfigured for popular HTML functions
- WebSearch Toolbar: highlight text and click a websearch toolbar button to search for highlighted term from within the editor
- File encryption / decryption
- Integration with UltraSentry to securely delete UltraEdit temporary files
- Multi-byte support with integrated IME support
IDM UltraEdit 18.104.22.1684