Published April 29, 2012 by Download Software
CloneSpy can help you free up hard drive space by detecting and removing duplicate files. Duplicate files have exactly the same contents regardless of their name, time, date and location.
Also, CloneSpy is able to find files that are not exactly identical, but have the same file name. Perhaps you have different versions of a file and you want to find all of them and remove the older versions. CloneSpy can also find zero length files. These are files that have no content.
With CloneSpy you can process files which:
- are duplicates
- are duplicates and have the same file name
- have the same file name
- have the same file name and (approximately) the same size
- are zero bytes long
CloneSpy offers you a complete mechanism for determining which duplicate or same-name files should be removed. It is also possible to leave this decision up to the individual user.
CloneSpy can handle equal files by:
- deleting redundant files
- moving redundant files to a specific folder
- exporting a list of all equal files without removing any files
- deferring file operations on redundant files to a batch file where you can apply arbitrary file operations
With CloneSpy you can build checksum files from files on CDs (or even on hard drives, etc.) and use them to check whether these files already exist on your system. The checksum files will prevent you from having to play DJ every time you search for duplicates!
- Operating System: Windows All Version
- Language: English-US
- License: Open Source
- Author: CloneSpy
- Added: Reparse points can now be excluded from a scan (see Folders tab of the Options window).
- Modified: File access error message boxes now remind the user of potentially missing administrator rights for Windows Vista and higher.
- Modified: When exporting a list of equal files and no equal files are found then this is now stated in the exported list file.
- Fixed: When searching for files with same name, the context menu of the list box in the All duplicates window now contains options for retaining files based on folder/path length.
- Fixed: The installer now shows the correct license agreement.
- Fixed: Added an explanation for the formerly unknown error code 124.