Published December 15, 2016 by Download Software
AxCrypt File Encryption Software – Free Personal Privacy and Security for Windows with AES-128 File Encryption, Compression and transparent Decrypt and Open in the original application.
- Double-click to edit/view with any application.
- Automatic re-encryption after modification.
- Absolutely no user configuration necessary or possible before use.
- Open source under GNU General Public License.
- 7 languages in one executable distribution.
- Extensive command-line interface for scripting and programming.
- AES encryption with 128-bit keys.
- Edit an encrypted document directly with double-click.
- Optional pass phrase cache – type pass phrases once per logon and/or reboot.
- Automatic pass phrase validation before decryption or editing.
- Key-File generation and support.
- Extensive command-line interface.
- Server mode options.
- Huge file support > 4GB (on Windows NT/2K/XP).
- Dynamic brute force counter measure – iterative key wrapping.
- Integrates well with web based file sharing services.
- Selective compression before encryption – faster downloads/uploads.
- Retains original file name and information of an encrypted file.
- Integrated shredder.
- Shredding of all temporary and encrypted plaintext files.
- Secure memory handling – no keys or data in the paging file.
- Industry standard algorithms.
- Data integrity verification – no undetected modification.
- Unique data encryption keys used for every file and (re-)encryption.
- Polyglot – currently speaks English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Hungarian and Swedish.
- Easy to add more languages – contact me (I´m especially looking for Nordic languages)!
- Open source – no backdoors.
- Private branding support for commercial or corporate versions.
- Operating System: Windows All Version
- Language: English-US
- License: Freeware
- Author: Axantum Software AB
- #247: Include parameter in link for password manager to change message
- #245: API-support for startup tips
- #244: Update code signing certificate
- #243: API Method for feedback
- #242: Upgrade to NUnit 3
- #241: Trim spaces from emails in key sharing dialog
- #230: NullReferenceException if checking for updates with empty response
- #224: Timeout and auto-offline on server requests.
- #53: Translations and texts maintenance