Published October 27, 2011 by Download Software
Managing your day-to-day life is not an easy job to do. There are so many things to concern for – housekeeping, shopping, children… And what about cousin’s birthday you always forget or important phone numbers? Undoubtedly your working place is covered with dusty yellow (or blue, or pink) sticky notes. If so – PNotes is right for you. Throw the physical stickies away and replace them with virtual ones on your desktop.
PNotes (Pinned Notes or Portable Notes, use what you prefer) is written entirely in C and Windows API (with Pelles C for Windows IDE) – therefore it is fast and light-weight.
- Ease of use – no installation, just unpack the downloaded archive to any location and run PNotes.exe.
- Portability – PNotes does not require installation, it can be started from any drive (fixed or flash) and leaves no traces on host computer after finishing.
- Scheduling – use various schedule types to be reminded about significant events by many different ways. Using this feature you may just hide notes and don’t worry, you’ll be notified in time.
- Speaking notes – instead of sound files you may force the notes to speak with you reading their text aloud – isn’t it a cool feature?
- Notes’ exchange over local network – keep in touch with your colleagues and friends.
- Overdue notes tracking – stay alerted even with overdue reminders.
- Tags – add any number of predefined tags to each note for further searching and sorting.
- Password protection – prevents unauthorized access to program.
- Encryption – allows all your notes to be stored as encrypted files, so nobody could read their content, even in case you lose your USB stick.
- Password protection for single note/group – protect your notes even more strongly.
- On-line synchronization via FTP protocol – always stay synchronized.
- Control Panel – this is your central command post. All management is put into effect here.
- Groups – divide notes into groups of your choice, create new groups and subgroups, control all by mouse click or drag-and-drop.
- Diary group – special group of notes with its own settings, which allows you to maintain diary-like set.
- Formatting – format and design each note as you wish, using all the advantages of rich text formatting.
- Skins – there is a variety of skins for PNotes but if you wish, you can run the program in skinless mode, in which case you can stretch notes to any reasonable size.
- Transparency – you can set notes’ transparency level from opaque to fully transparent. If you enable this feature each note can have its own transparency level.
- Images – you can add images to notes, making them more expressive.
- Smilies – besides image files, the set of predefined smilies is at your disposal.
- Docking – dock your notes to any side of the screen, forcing them always to be straightened and look like a panel.
- Searching – search for (or replace) text fragments in all notes, including hidden or in each separate note, or find notes with specified title, or notes modified within specified interval.
- Quick search in web – select any word or phrase in note and search for it in web using you preferred search provider.
- Favorites – access intensively used notes by a single click.
- Custom fonts – use your custom fonts which are not installed on current machine.
- E-mailing – send notes via e-mail as mail body text or as attachment to any target with PNotes running and open attached note on target machine.
- Recycle Bin – you decide how you want to delete the unneeded note: completely or send it to Recycle Bin with ability to restore it later.
- Backing up – you decide whether to make backup copies for changed notes and what is the deepness of backup levels. Also you can manually make a full backup copy of all notes (and restore from it of course).
- Internationalization – PNotes is fully Unicode supported and translated into many languages.
- Other features – of course there are many other unmentioned features in program, but developer suggest you to discover them by yourself, these are delights of any new program, aren’t they?
PNotes 8.5.103 Beta 1