Published December 28, 2016 by Download Software
OpenVPN is a full-featured SSL VPN solution which can accommodate a wide range of configurations, including remote access, site-to-site VPNs, WiFi security, and enterprise-scale remote access solutions with load balancing, failover, and fine-grained access-controls.
OpenVPN is normally run in a console window, which can be a little annoying to have lying on the taskbar all the time. OpenVPN GUI lets you run OpenVPN without this console window. Instead you get an icon in the notification area (the area on the right side of the taskbar) from which you can control OpenVPN to start/stop your VPN tunnels, view the log, change your password and other useful things.
- tunnel any IP subnetwork or virtual ethernet adapter over a single UDP or TCP port,
- configure a scalable, load-balanced VPN server farm using one or more machines which can handle thousands of dynamic connections from incoming VPN clients,
- use all of the encryption, authentication, and certification features of the OpenSSL library to protect your private network traffic as it transits the internet,
- use any cipher, key size, or HMAC digest (for datagram integrity checking) supported by the OpenSSL library,
- choose between static-key based conventional encryption or certificate-based public key encryption,
- use static, pre-shared keys or TLS-based dynamic key exchange,
- use real-time adaptive link compression and traffic-shaping to manage link bandwidth utilization,
- tunnel networks whose public endpoints are dynamic such as DHCP or dial-in clients,
- tunnel networks through connection-oriented stateful firewalls without having to use explicit firewall rules,
- tunnel networks over NAT,
- create secure ethernet bridges using virtual tap devices, and
- control OpenVPN using a GUI