Published December 21, 2016 by Download Software
IrfanView is a very fast, small, compact and innovative FREEWARE (for non-commercial use) graphic viewer for Windows.
It is designed to be simple for beginners and powerful for professionals.
IrfanView seeks to create unique, new and interesting features, unlike some other graphic viewers, whose whole “creativity” is based on feature cloning, stealing of ideas and whole dialogs from ACDSee and/or IrfanView! (for example: XnView has been stealing/cloning features and whole dialogs from IrfanView, for 10+ years).
IrfanView was the first Windows graphic viewer WORLDWIDE with Multiple (animated) GIF support.
One of the first graphic viewers WORLDWIDE with Multipage TIF support.
The first graphic viewer WORLDWIDE with Multiple ICO support.
- Many supported file formats
- Multi language support
- Thumbnail/preview option
- Paint option – to draw lines, circles, arrows, straighten image etc.
- Toolbar skins option
- Slideshow (save slideshow as EXE/SCR or burn it to CD)
- Show EXIF/IPTC/Comment text in Slideshow/Fullscreen etc.
- Support for Adobe Photoshop Filters
- Fast directory view (moving through directory)
- Batch conversion (with image processing)
- Multipage TIF editing
- File search
- Email option
- Multimedia player
- Print option
- Support for embedded color profiles in JPG/TIF
- Change color depth
- Scan (batch scan) support
- IPTC editing
- Effects (Sharpen, Blur, Adobe 8BF, Filter Factory, Filters Unlimited, etc.)
- Screen Capturing
- Extract icons from EXE/DLL/ICLs
- Lossless JPG rotation
- Unicode support
- Many hotkeys
- Many command line options
- Many PlugIns
- Only one EXE-File, no DLLs, no Shareware messages like “I Agree” or “Evaluation expired”
- No registry changes without user action/permission!
- and much much more
- Operating System: Windows All Version
- Language: English-US
- License: Freeware
- Author: Irfan Skiljan
- Metadata PlugIn ported to Unicode (EXIF/IPTC/Comment data in JPG files)
- Batch scan dialog: Scan to multipage file works also with PDF output
- New Edit menu options: Remove or Insert strip (based on selection)
- New Blur filter: Gaussian Blur (thanks to Ivan Kuckir)
- New Blur filter: Fast Gaussian Blur (thanks to Mario Klingemann)
- New Properties->Fullscreen option: Show blurred image sides
- Option to show mouse coordinates (Properties->Viewing)
- New options in Histogram dialog: modeless dialog, selections, curves
- New effect added: Vertical Shift (Effects browser dialog)
- New Thumbnails menu: Show/hide filenames text for thumbnails
- New Image->Effects PlugIn: Film Simulation (thanks to Jan Ingwer Baer) (check the PlugIns page for CLUT files download)
- New wallpaper option: Fill (Hotkey: CTRL + SHIFT + F)
- New Rename dialog option: Rename also sidecar files
- New Print dialog option: Save settings (without printing)
- Command line option "/append" works also with PDF output
- A BMP loading bug fixed (thanks to Ren Yi)
- The hotkey "D" (clear screen) works also in Fullscreen/Slideshow mode
- Loading crashes fixed in JP2 PlugIn (JPG-2000 format)
- The Luratech formats (JP2/JPM) are now Freeware (Saving and Batch mode)
- Command line: /convert accepts wildcard also for a single filename, like: i_view32.exe c:\testimg.bmp /convert=c:\tifs\*.tif => save as "testimg.tif"
- Command line: /capture=7 can contain the input rectangle, like: i_view32.exe /capture=7=(0,0,800,600)