Published May 2, 2012 by Download Software
FreeFileSync is an Open-Source folder comparison and synchronization tool. It is used for fast and easy configurable sync operations between two folders without restricted or overloaded UI interfaces.
- Compare files (bytewise or by date) and synchronize them.
- No limitations: An arbitrary number of files can be synchronized.
- Subfolders are also synchronized, including empty folders.
- Network support.
- Lean & easy accessible UI: Highly optimized for speed and huge sets of data.
- Algorithms coded in C++ completely.
- Focus on usability:
- Only necessary functionality on UI: no overloaded menus or icon jungle.
- Select folders via drag & drop.
- Last configuration and screen settings are saved automatically.
- Maintain and load different configurations by drag&drop, load-button or commandline.
- Double-click to show file in explorer.
- Copy & paste support to export file-lists.
- Delete superfluous/temporary files directly on main grid.
- Right-click context menu.
- Progress indicators, status information and error reporting.
- Sort file-lists by name, size or date.
- Display statistical data: total filesizes, amount of bytes that will be transfered with the current settings.
- Easy configurable commandline mode for automated synchronization.
- Support for filesizes > 4 GB.
- Option to move files to Recycle Bin instead of deleting/overwriting them.
- UTC (coordinated world time) is used when comparing file times avoiding problems with time zones or daylight saving time.
- Automatically ignore directories “\RECYCLER” and “System Volume Information” when comparing and syncing.
- Localized German version available.
- Delete before copy: Avoid disc space shortages with large sync-operations.
- Based on wxWidgets framework => Portable to many operating systems.
- Filter functionality to include/exclude files from synchronization (without re-compare!).
- Include/exclude specific files from synchronization manually.
- Create sync jobs via GUI to synchronize automatically (can be scheduled or executed directly).