Published July 3, 2011 by Download Software
FrostWire, a Gnutella Peer-to-Peer client, is a collaborative effort from hundreds of Open Source and freelance developers from around the world. In late 2005, concerned developers of LimeWire’s open source community announced the start of a new project fork “FrostWire” that would protect the developmental source code of the LimeWire client and any improvements to the Gnutella protocol design. The developers of FrostWire give high regard and respect to the GNU General Public License and consider it to be the ideal foundation of a creative and free enterprise market. FrostWire has evolved to replace LimeWire’s BitTorrent core for that of Vuze, the Azureus BitTorrent Engine.
- Completely Free & Open Source!
- Faster Download Speeds
- No Spyware. No Adware. Guaranteed.
- iTunes™ Compatible!
- BTIH Magnet Torrent Downloads
- Friendly Online Chat Rooms
- Improved BitTorrent Technology
- Even More Connections
- New & Improved Skins
- Operating System: Windows All Version
- Language: English-US
- License: Open Source
- Author: FrostWire
- New feature, Send file. Available on File Menu and Transfer Manager.
- New feature, Send folder. Available on File Menu and Transfer Manager.
- UX upgrade, we now have a [+] icon next to search result file names to show partial download dialog.
- UX upgrade, when a partial download is cancelled, the entry is removed from transfers.
- UX update on partial download dialog. Includes new text filter.
- UX fix, Library search now also looks for .torrents on "Torrents" folder.
- UX fix, Mac OSX file menu does no longer show "Exit" action.
- Fixes bug, incomplete files are no longer exported to iTunes playlist.
- UX update, Help Menu now says "Sharing Help". Items rearranged.
- UX update, rearranged View options into single panel.
- UX update, torrent seeding settings are now a control of its own with an explanation of what seeding is.
- UX update, the installation wizard now forces the user to decide if she wants to seed or not seed to continue. Links to what is seeding are in place.
- UX update, in Windows and Linux, when the user Xs the window the user is explained that the application will be hidden and is given the option to exit.
- UX bugfix, font size can now be increased.