Published April 16, 2012 by Download Software
WinPatrol takes snapshot of your critical system resources and alerts you to any changes that may occur without your knowledge. WinPatrol was the pioneer in using a heuristic behavioral approach to detecting Zero-Day attacks and violations of your computing environment. WinPatrol continues to be the most powerful system monitor for its small memory footprint.
WinPatrol’s easy tabbed interface allows you to explore deep inside your computer without having to be a computer expert.
- One of the major complaints with the last versions of WinPatrol has been the option to automatically run WinPatrol on startup. We narrowed down the code where Windows 64 was redirecting the location used to auto run WinPatrol. The checkbox found in the Options tab will now maintain its status as it always has.
- This “Automatically run WinPatrol…” option controls the small monitor component of WinPatrol that detects changes without slowing you down. Most people who had problems will be happy that Scotty will always on patrol again. Many others use the WinPatrol Explorer tabbed interface but have other programs they prefer as a heuristic monitor. This will work tor them as well
- A number of XP users had reported problems which have been tracked down to the use of newer development tools. While our only XP machine won’t accept the SP3 update our XP SP3 emulator is now much happier with this new version. I’ll continue to work with any XP SP3 users who report problems.
- I had also neglected special features available to Windows 64 bit XP users. This configuration is apparently more popular than our stats indicated.
- My goal continues to try supporting every version of Windows available with a single code base. Next stop Windows 8!